- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, and "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
- No Botox for 2 months prior.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- No brow waxing or tinting one week before.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
Microblading Post-Care Instructions
The following must be avoided during all 7 days post-microblading procedure:
- Keep the brow area clean by using a natural fragrance –free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil) and water. Hands must be freshly cleaned. Avoid use of abrasive washcloths or sponges
- Allow eyebrows to completely air dry before applying ointment
- Apply the after care ointment given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q-Tip.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for a full 7 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 7 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 7 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- After 7 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first two weeks. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have:
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Have upcoming vacations or special occasions planned.
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin